Monday, January 07, 2008

The Mini.

So in my last post I told you I had some fun things on the horizon for 08. Here is one of them. In May my friend Marcus and I will be running the 500 Festival Mini Marathon. This past weekend was the start of my training. Never in a million years would I ever have thought I would be running a marathon. I would have thought you were crazy. But I stand corrected and so here we go. I am pumped about it but also not sure how I am going to be able to run that far all at one time. Hopefully with a lot of hard work and some fun it will happen. My world has changed since Zane has entered into our lives and I just want to set a good example for him and obviously taking care of myself is one of them.

Here's to running a long way for fun. ( What am I thinking.)
Cheers.

Total Mileage during training: 2 miles

4 comments:

Cyrus said...

Fear no mini my friend - you will do very well!

Brandon said...

I would have thought you were crazy, too, but you get major props for giving it a go. What a great challenge and goal to set for yourself. I admire you guys.

Anonymous said...

hey! i was going to run with my brother in law this year...(he's run several full marathons, and is a hard core runner) but sadly complications made the mini impossible, so we had to move to some 5k... o-well. it's not much, but i will want to train a little when it comes closer. so, we'll have to go running some time!

Nikki said...

Congrats, Patrick! Maybe I will see you sometime during the 13.1 miles!! Justine and I are running together. Good luck with the training and congrats on loosing the 2 pounds so far!