Wednesday, October 10, 2007

That's a Big Crack.

In London at the Tate Modern a new sculpture was unveiled. It was done by a Columbian artist. It is basically a huge crack down the middle of the museum. It symbolizes the racial hatred and division in society. I personally think it is such a simple and impactful idea. As an artist and designer I always strive for telling the story in the most simple way, so that is why I really like this piece of artwork. Now as an artist I want to know how it was done. The artist basically said there are no illusions and that infact it is a real crack. How do you create a crack of that size and not test the structural integrity of the building. Very interesting to me.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Maya said...

The flights are cheap now...let's go see it in person!

Your link doesn't seem to be working.

Sisters in Christ at FCLC said...

Pat - your crack is showing... and on your website of all places!?! I'm appalled. :)